Wednesday, December 8, 2021

If You Don't Have a LinkTree as an Author, You Should Get One

As I mentioned recently, I've been looking into expanding the platforms I create content for, and the ways in which I reach out to my potential audience. After all, insanity is doing the exact same thing and expecting different results, so when the numbers aren't what I want it's time to change what I'm doing. While I was asking questions about what one needs for success over on TikTok (my channel there, by the by, is TableTopTips for all the fans of tabletop RPGs who'd like to see my face), one of my friends mentioned that I should get a LinkTree.

Honestly, it was one of the better suggestions I've been given in a while. So I thought I'd talk about it today if you haven't come across this particular platform. And, of course, if you haven't been to my Linktree yet, go give it a look!

Come get all my nonsense all in one place!

Before we get any deeper into it, make sure you sign up for my weekly newsletter, and if you've got some spare dosh consider becoming a Patreon patron today!

All Your Followables in One Place


All right, so, what is Linktree?

At its most basic, it's a single link people can go where they can log in to all your various social media, crowdfunding, and other platforms in one place. This means that instead of listing out three dozen different places people can go to follow you and get all your updates, they can just click one link and it takes them to the hub of all your activity. From there they can choose to click and subscribe to what feeds they want, or just bookmark your Linktree since it lets you add links to recent articles, videos, and other forms of content for folks to check out in your feed.

Herding cats is tough... don't try to get them to do too much.

At my last check, my Linktree has my Facebook, Twitter, Patreon, TikTok, Amazon author page, email, Pinterest, and my LinkedIn. In addition to all of that there's a newsfeed to let folks checking out my page know what my latest and greatest updates are (and to bring them up to speed on older stuff). The platform even allows you to accept tips, which is why I have a box for that permanently in my top slot.

This does more than give your audience a convenient spot to check out all your various socials and platforms, though doing that would be enough given that it's free to use. It also gives you a single link you can put in all of your various communications. It fits neatly in your bio, you can slip it into your email signature, and you can link it in your articles without too much extra strain.

Will not getting one doom your career? No, not likely. But if you're a creator who's been trying to keep as many plates spinning as you can, while ensuring your audience can find you, it's a good idea to use Linktree to organize all your outlets, releases, news, and updates.

So give it a try! See if it helps cut down on some of the madness.

Like, Follow, and Stay Tuned!

That's all for this week's Business of Writing!

If you'd like to see more of my work, take a look at my Vocal archive, or at My Amazon Author Page where you can find books like my noir thriller Marked Territory, its sequel Painted Cats, my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife as well as my recent collection The Rejects!

If you'd like to help support my work, then consider Buying Me A Ko-Fi, or heading over to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page! Lastly, to keep up with my latest, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now on Pinterest as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment