Thursday, August 18, 2022

Tales From The Sellsword Skull, A Potential Podcast

For folks who are out of the loop, I've been dealing with one shoe dropping after another this month. I've been exiled to a hotel while my apartment is under construction (something neither I, nor my cat, are particularly thrilled about), there have been shake-ups at one of the companies that hosts a lot of my work, and Eric Flint has recently passed away. Though I never met the man personally, he seems well regarded, and with his passing the publishing house he ran has closed up shop... so I now have to find new homes for three of my novels that are (or rather were) on the market.

To say that it's been a stressful few weeks is a bit of an understatement.

So, what's coming next?

For those who don't know me, though, my brain reacts to intense stress by coming up with new projects for me to take on. And while my plate is already pretty full, my gray matter has decided that I can squeeze just one more thing onto it... if I can get you all behind me as readers and listeners, that is.

Before we get into the nitty gritty this week, don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Lastly, to be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree!

Tales From The Sellsword Skull!


All right, all right, so it's a work in progress. Whether that is the final name for the project or not, the idea is still the same. In short, my current plan (once I'm home from World Con next month) is to sit down at my desk with my mic and my editing software, blow the dust off some of my old books, and to make audio versions of some of my previously-published stories. Generally speaking I want to take the skills I've been developing while making short audio dramas for the Azukail Games YouTube channel (which you should totally go follow, by the by), and apply them to something longer, wilder, and which may not have gotten as much love.

For those of you who haven't heard any of these yet, check out The Price of Steel from my Sellswords of Sundara RPG release below!



Now, once these longer audio dramas have been completed (several of which are coming out of my collection The Rejects if you haven't gotten yourself a copy yet), my plan is to submit them over on Daily Motion. For those who are wondering why that site, it's because I'm not allowed to get paid by YouTube personally, since I can't hold an AdSense account. Once the wheels are turning on this (call it Phase One), that's when I want to initiate Phase Two. Which is, drumroll please...

A podcast.

The first season of the cast will be the Sample Platter of short stories, available on all the different platforms for listener convenience. However, the second season is going to feature my ongoing series The Silver Raven Chronicles, detailing my group's run through the Hell's Rebels adventure path. Links below if you haven't checked that out for yourself yet! And after that story is wrapped up... well, that's going to largely depend on you, the audience. If a lot of folks are tuning in, asking for more, and making suggestions, I'll keep the project going! If not, though, I'll probably turn my attention to something else once we've reached that point.

So if you've enjoyed the little pieces I've been putting out, but you'd like something a bit more substantial, stay tuned! And, as always, any and all signal boosts to reach folks' eyes and ears is appreciated, as it takes thousands of hits to earn any money, and tens of thousands of hits to get one's bills paid.


Now that you've gotten a bit of a sneak preview as to what should be coming up, feel free to make requests in the comment section below, or to leave requests if there's something particular you'd like to see me add to this project going forward!

Like, Follow, and Stay Tuned!

That's all for this week's Business of Writing!

If you'd like to see more of my work, take a look at my Vocal archive, or at My Amazon Author Page where you can find books like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife as well as my recent collection The Rejects!

If you'd like to help support my work, then consider Buying Me A Ko-Fi, or heading over to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page! Lastly, to keep up with my latest, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now on Pinterest as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment