Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Neal Litherland Reads "Dressing The Flesh" From His New Collection "The Rejects"

There's been a lot of disruption going on, and folks around the country and the world are staying indoors to try to mitigate the toll taken by the current pandemic. And while there are medical personnel working round the clock, scientists devising tests, and stockers and truckers are doing their best to keep the supply lines going, artists of all stripes are stepping up to help stop people from despairing. From TV shows, to video games, to books, everyone is trying to do their part to make sure there's distraction and entertainment aplenty during this particularly gray time.

And since I'm not a trained medical person, nor am I helping keep supply lines moving, I wanted to do my part to keep everyone entertained. So last night I put together a reading in my lair of the first story in The Rejects. So, without further ado, folks looking for a dark little drama should lean back, and take a listen to "Dressing The Flesh."


Also, big thanks to Dungeon Keeper Radio for hosting the video, as I'd originally intended to just upload it here to my blog, but it seems that this video is more than three times what Blogger will allow you to just toss into the middle of an article sight unseen.

And before I forget, for all those who want to make being read to more of a thing, I recommend checking out Audible gift memberships. We've got a lot of hours to fill, these days, and we may as well spend them listening to stories that take us away.

What Else Would You Like To See?


As I've said previously, things are a little up in the air at the moment. As such, my goal is to try to help provide as much entertainment for folks out there as I can. So I'm asking you what sort of content would be most helpful to you going forward?

Seriously, you all have my attention, here.
If folks are looking for recommendations and giveaways, I could add those in as features. If you enjoyed my reading, I'd be happy to do more (perhaps partnering with Dungeon Keeper Radio, if they and their audience would like to hear more from me), and to direct you all to other authors I know who are providing similar uploads. I'm also more than happy to talk about how this whole situation has changed the professional dynamics of the industry, along with giving general break downs of tropes and writing devices.

So, what sounds good? My ears are open.

Like, Follow, and Come Back Again!


That's all for this week's Craft of Writing! For more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, or at My Amazon Author Page where you can find books like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife, or my short story collection The Rejects!

If you'd like to help support my work, then consider Buying Me A Ko-Fi, or heading over to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page! Lastly, to keep up with my latest, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now on Pinterest as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment